For over 40 years the Emma Goldman Clinic has been a place where people can find their voices. As part of our mission we strive to educate, and as a part of that charge we offer you our Speakers Bureau.
You can have a representative from the Emma Goldman Clinic speak to your organization or class on a wide variety of topics.
Our presentations include a variety of brochures that we can leave for future reference. We also can incorporate the use of our "Safer Sex Kits" which include examples of all available forms of birth control and safer sex supplies. These kits are available for purchase as well.
The topics of our presentations and discussions can include, but are not limited to:
- Birth Control and Contraceptive Options
- Emergency Contraception (EC, "the morning after pill")
- Fertility Awareness and Natural Birth Control
- HIV and STIs
- Politics and Reproductive Health Care
- Safer Sex
- Self Health and Self Exams
- The Story of the Emma Goldman Clinic
- Abortion Topics:
- Politics of Abortion
- Roe vs. Wade: Before and After
- RU-486 (Mifiprex, Non-Surgical or Medical Abortion)
- Abortion Myths and Facts
- The Truth about "Partial Birth" Abortion
We ask a honorarium for each presentation, but in certain circumstances this fee can be waived. Please contact us for more information.
If you are interested in arranging a presentation please contact us either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can phone us at 319-337-2111 or 800-848-7684. Please send us your group's name, the topic you would like covered, the date and time of the presentation, the location, and information about how to contact you.
We look forward to hearing from you.